Vice President Stephen Coles called the meeting to order with Board Members Gary Maguire, Johnathon Oppermann and Jeanine Ellis present. Also present were Fire Chief Leo Touzjian, Assistant Fire Chief Mike Cousineau, Erle Collom, John Allington, Rachel Barkworth, Barry Mauerman, Andrew Griffith and Board Secretary Teresa Hoffman.
Minutes from Previous Meeting
Gary Maguire made a motion to approve meeting minutes, seconded by Jeanine Ellis, motion passed.
Submission of Bills
Johnathon Oppermann made a motion to pay bills, seconded by Jeanine Ellis, motion passed.
The Treasurer’s Report was given by Gary Maguire.
Per FPPA, the increase in contributions will catch things up in 20 years.
Treasurer presented budget for 2020.
Jeanine Ellis made a motion to increase the volunteer run rate to $10 per call for 2020, seconded by Johnathon Oppermann, motion passed.
Special letter of thanks from resident to John Allington for changing a tire.
* Community Room
Boulder County Land Use, October 30.
Stations / Land
* Station One - Main- 14861 Highway 7 – Osmun
Bulletin Board damaged.
* Station Two - 2770 Riverside Dr – Heathermeade
George Ackerman moved the large rock.
* Station Three - 4 County Road 113 East - Meeker Park
* Station Four – 7400 Highway 7 – The Heights
Concrete apron done yesterday.
* Station Fuve - 32 Bunce School Road – McCulloch
* Glover Land –including property in Allenspark Fire Protection District.
Gary Maguire made a motion to file the Petition for Inclusion with Larimer County Court.
* Allenspark Water & Sanitation District
Water Hammer issues discussed by Barry Mauerman.
Hydrant use okay, problems occur with shutting off apparatus or gate valves quickly.
Pressure Relief Valve (apx $1,200) will prevent problems.
Mike Cousineau and Barry Mauerman will work together to come up with a reasonable solution.
Broken water main at a resident house.
Johnathon Oppermann will abstain from voting because he is also on the Board of Directors for Allenspark Water & Sanitation District.
Allenspark Water is asking for $500 (half of the cost) for repairs to resident water main.
The Board asked for the request in writing by the next Board Meeting.
The Fire Chief’s investigation with personnel involved concluded that all valves and hydrants were operated properly according to training.
Board Secretary will research dollar limits for insurance.
* Winter Party – Pathways – Dec15, 5:00 (17:00).
Alcohol allowed, AFPD will purchase.
Pathways will pay for the party.
Fire Fighter Comments
* Rachel Barkworth, John Allington, Mike Cousineau expressed opinions about preventing water issues in the future.
* Gary Maguire mentioned that the risk on the residential fire on 9/20/2019 was high. We need water resources available for high risks. He thinks the residents of the town of Allenspark would want the AFPD to use their water system for all residents of the district.
Board Member Comments
* Per Steve Coles, Stu Boulter expressed his extreme gratitude for all AFPD members that helped save his life.
* Per Steve Coles, Peaceful Valley hopes to open next year with a new management team.